Keyword

Item Image Not Changing

• Betton Design
  • Betton Design's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #142242 by Betton Design
Item Image Not Changing was created by Betton Design
Hi all
I am having a really weird issue with some images in K2. I wanted to change an item image so I deleted the original and saved the item and then added a new one and saved again.
Now, the old image still shows on the website but the new image shows when editing an item. Weirdly, if I go to the item list and view the image preview I get the old picture again.
I have had a look on the server and there is no trace of the old image in media/k2/items/cache only the new picture. If I access the picture in my browser then I get the old picture even with a fresh browser and in private browsing mode.
I have cleared the site cache.
Another weird thing is that even after deleted all of the picture iterations in media/k2/items/cache I can still access the picture in my browser (even though there is nothing on the server!
www.countrycottageholiday.com/media/k2/items/cache/245effadf41c6129f4fe7accc564ef86_Generic.jpg = correct
www.countrycottageholiday.com/media/k2/items/cache/245effadf41c6129f4fe7accc564ef86_L.jpg = correct
www.countrycottageholiday.com/media/k2/items/cache/245effadf41c6129f4fe7accc564ef86_M.jpg = correct
www.countrycottageholiday.com/media/k2/items/cache/245effadf41c6129f4fe7accc564ef86_XL.jpg = wrong
www.countrycottageholiday.com/media/k2/items/cache/245effadf41c6129f4fe7accc564ef86_S.jpg = wrong
www.countrycottageholiday.com/media/k2/items/cache/245effadf41c6129f4fe7accc564ef86_XS.jpg = correct

I must stress that when I view all of these images via ftp then they are correct but when I view them in my browser they are wrong. Does anyone know the reason for this?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Betton Design.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #142250 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Item Image Not Changing
This is because your browser is caching the images.
In K2's parameters there is an option called "Force 'item modified date' as URL timestamp on image paths".

Enable this setting to ensure all users see the latest version of each image.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Betton Design
  • Betton Design's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #142253 by Betton Design
Replied by Betton Design on topic Item Image Not Changing
Thanks for this, it works great.
Doesn't work in the back end but I can live with that.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #142256 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Item Image Not Changing
You 're welcome Betton.
If it is the backend you are worried about, you can always clear your browser's history.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)