Keyword

Embed MP3 Player in Item using Extra Fields (No AllVideo)

• conticreative
  • conticreative's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #159051 by conticreative
I am trying to find a way to embed an MP3 plauyer in a K2 (or Joomla) page. I do not want to use {curly bracket} syntax, nor I want to force the people entering the content into the site to have to position it themselves in the text.

The site is Bilingual English-Persian (and I don;t speak, let alone read Farsi)
There is a "lessons" category tree, each containing several individual lessons
Each lesson has a:
  1. title
  2. MP3 file with its player (no flash since it has to be mobile compatible)
  3. Text (in english or Farsi depending on Falang Settings)
  4. A PDF File (either to download or to see in a viewer)

I would like for the administrator to handle the MP3 file and the PDF download as Joomla and K2 already do with Image files. That is, provide a field (better if with a navigation aid, but not a deal breaker) where one can choose or paste the MP3 filename and then I can simply insert the file in between the title of the page and the Text (or embed it in the text if possible) so that each lesson has a consistent layout.

Is this possible at all? Is there another way to accomplish the same thing?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #159057 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Embed MP3 Player in Item using Extra Fields (No AllVideo)
The extrafield part is pretty much straightforward and you can render them where you want in the template.
This goes for the pdf link (could use an editor there like JCE in order to populate the link easier) and the additional text ,should you need any.

However for the mp3 you will need an additional extension like AllVideos, although to be fair the entire functionality is already there under the media tab.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.