Keyword

Joomla keywords to K2 keywords - merging tags

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #159162 by robo
Hi,
I have almost 700 articles, each of them has its own keywords. After import the joomla content to K2 all keywords became tags. Now I have over 3000 tags, many of them are duplicated. Searching by tags is not working well etc.
How to import Joomla's keywords to keywords in K2 items (no to tags)?
Is there a simple a solution to unify tags after creation?
thanks,
robo.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by robo. Reason: precising of the title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #159179 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Joomla keywords to K2 keywords - not to tags
Hello Robo,

By default the searching within tags is not enabled.
You can enable ti from the K2 Search plugins' settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #159186 by robo
Hello Kirkor, thanks for reply, but... :)
searching isn't my biggest concern right now (and I know that I must enable it before use).

Displaying of posts choosed by tag isn't working as it should (I think that because of duplicate tags). The same reason cloud tags isn't working well. List of tags in K2 item's editor has many duplicated entries. For example: one of the popular keyword was used over 100 times, now I have over 100 tags named the same. I can't manually manage all of over 3 thousands of tags (If I could merge them, then the number of tags should be about 100-150 entries).

If I can't import Joomla article's keywords to K2 item's keywords, what I need is a solution to merge existed tags with the same name.

BTW I think that K2 need a more advanced tool to manage tags. If there are many Authors, and they are using similar tags it would be cool to have a possibility to merge those tags, don't You think?

More
7 years 5 months ago #159190 by robo
I checked the database and I see that keywords were migrated. So, there must be some function which puts those keywords to tags. Could you let users to choose if they want to do this - like checkbox before migration process? or just write how to modify script to not to do it? please.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
7 years 5 months ago #159203 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Joomla keywords to K2 keywords - merging tags

If there are many Authors, and they are using similar tags it would be cool to have a possibility to merge those tags, don't You think?

Are we talking about lowercase/uppercase ?
This would have to be a custom script but it would be nice.

So, there must be some function which puts those keywords to tags. Could you let users to choose if they want to do this - like checkbox before migration process?

Care to make a feature request here:
github.com/getk2/k2

PS. You might want to take a look at K2 Import's functionality. (Not affiliated with that extension)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
6 years 10 months ago #162435 by Smart Link
Replied by Smart Link on topic Joomla keywords to K2 keywords - merging tags
Hi,

In case you still not find solution for merging tags in K2, you could refer this www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/42167-merging-2-separate-tags-into-one

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #162436 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Joomla keywords to K2 keywords - merging tags

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---