Keyword

K2 Items Appearing Multiple Times On Same Page

• StoneHammer
  • StoneHammer's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #163945 by StoneHammer
I am working to build a news-type site. As is typical, each K2 item is assigned to a category. On a site page, there is a section for items from a category (which has been set to pull the category and all child categories). Further down the same page, there is a section for items from each subcategory of the category.

The same item is appearing in both places. I have a feeling, because of the category and then subcategory selected, that this is typical behavior. Is there any way to eliminate that? I only want an item to appear once on a page. So, if it gets displayed in the section with the category + subcategories, then I don't want it later displayed on the same page in the subcategory section only. Here's a real world example.

I have a category of Politics. It has a subcategory of Senate. A K2 item is assigned to the Senate subcategory. A page that displays everything for Politics has a focus area that shows 5 articles from Politics or any of its subcategories. Because Senate is a subcategory, the item is displayed (as I want it to be) in the focus area. Below the focus area, the page displays the latest item for each subcategory of Politics. The K2 item is displaying again as the latest item for subcategory Senate. I don't want it to display again. How do I make this happen?

Thanks in advance for all assistance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #163964 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Items Appearing Multiple Times On Same Page
Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible with the default module unless you use the featured flag (show or hide the featured items) in order to differentiate between these items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• StoneHammer
  • StoneHammer's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #163984 by StoneHammer
Replied by StoneHammer on topic K2 Items Appearing Multiple Times On Same Page
Krikor, thanks for the quick reply. I'm quite new to Joomla and K2 particularly. I'm not asking for the solution to my problem to be developed or support on the answer. That said, can you point me in the direction of how to accomplish what I need? I've searched the forum and am either blind or there isn't a similar answer that came up in the search results. Thanks in advance.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #163990 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Items Appearing Multiple Times On Same Page
By default this is not possible, since if an item belongs to a category it will be shown.
You can use featured items (like Joomla!) and show/ hide featured items or you can select which items are being shown manually in the K2 Content's module settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)