Keyword

Blank Screen

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #165018 by JED
Blank Screen was created by JED
I have searched the forum and have yet to find a solution. I have taken backups but upon reloading the backups the site is still broken. Everything on the sites works fine with the exception of K2. I have turned on error reporting and all I get is a blank screen. How on earth do I go about solving this. Please just help me get to the bottom of it my client has several articles wrote in K2, I cant get to the front end or the backend.

Here is what I have done so far.. I have set the site to load with Development Mode reporting - However page is still blank. I have set Debug System to yes and still no reporting on the K2 Stuff. Any ideas on how to get the latest version of Joomla and K2 to work togther?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by JED.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #165019 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Blank Screen
Hopefully you have a backup to a working version of the site? Worse case - restore it
Do you have javascript errors in your browzer?
Do you have access to the administrator back end? if so, disable plugins one by one and you may find the culprit
What was the last change you made to the site? unpublish it if it caused the issue

More
6 years 5 months ago #165021 by JED
Replied by JED on topic Blank Screen
William, Thanks for the fast response. This has been happeinging for months. We just want to run the lastest version of Joomla so we update. However in this case we can not get this site to update. We just restrored the site and datbase back to the content from a couple of days ago and plan on going back even further. Should we not update it? Or how can we go about updating so that we ensure that it works?

I changed the template and its still not working. Do you suggest we start disabling plugins one by one and keep refreshing the site? Is there some known places I should start because that seems a bit intensive.

Thanks
Jason

More
6 years 5 months ago #165022 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Blank Screen
Reguardless of how you do it, you must keep upgrading joomla, k2, and all other extensions you use to be secure
Testing and backup before upgrade is the only way to avoid problems
Krikor has mentioned in his posts that there are known issues with some plugins. You might read thru his posts.
I would disable the k2 plugins one at a time to start since k2 seems the problem
I would also test with default joomla template as many times the issue has been the template

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165124 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Blank Screen
Also enable error reporting to see the actual error and where it is coming from.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)