Keyword

K2 2.70 migrating from Joomla 2.5 to 3+

More
6 years 5 months ago #165185 by glenn
Hi I used K2 on my website and its been great. However my hosting providor has updated PHP to v7 and the 2.5 Joomla site no longer works so i have to update it. My question is can I use v2.7 (already installed) on a joomla 3 site or will i have to update it first and if i do so, will it install ok before the joomla core etc is updated to v3+
many thanks
glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #165190 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 2.70 migrating from Joomla 2.5 to 3+
First upgrade to v2.8.0 which is the newest one. You will then have no issue using that on Joomla 3.x. K2 2.7.0 works as well but it's a good time to update K2 as well.

If you have any issues with the Joomla 2.5 to 3.x update itself (not K2) and you wish to start fresh, you can always just install K2 on a new empty Joomla 3.x site, delete all K2 tables in the DB of the new site and import the K2 tables only from the J2.5 site into the new DB. Finally move the /media/k2/ contents (but don't move the "assets" subfolder if you still use 2.7.0 on the old site) from the old to the new site and you're ready to start fresh on Joomla with ALL your K2 content.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #165240 by glenn
Replied by glenn on topic K2 2.70 migrating from Joomla 2.5 to 3+
many thanks for that, i'll give it a go later and let you know how I went on,
once again thanks.
glenn