Keyword

Image Error Upload K2v2.8.0 Joomla 3.8.2 PHP 7.1.1

• Michael Bond
  • Michael Bond's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #165322 by Michael Bond
I'm getting the error below when I try to add an Image to an Item. I've seen references to this in the forum but they were 18 months old and the issues seemed related to an older version of K2 or Joomla.

Notice
The image was not uploaded. Please ensure that you used a valid image file and that file uploads are properly configured on your server.

This problem happens regardless of whether I try to upload the image or select it from the server.

To make matters more confusing, I am running the same version of the website on my IIS localhost and the upload works fine. No errors. The only difference between the two is my localhost is on a Windows laptop and my website is running Apache 2.4 on AWS Linux.

Any suggestions are much appreciated. I really need to get this issue fixed ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #165323 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Image Error Upload K2v2.8.0 Joomla 3.8.2 PHP 7.1.1
first check your php settings in system information
upload_max_filesize if set to low will stop the upload
Are you uploading jpg's? if not try one

• Michael Bond
More
6 years 5 months ago #165324 by Michael Bond
Replied by Michael Bond on topic Image Error Upload K2v2.8.0 Joomla 3.8.2 PHP 7.1.1
Thanks William. It is a JPG file that is 137KB and my upload_max_filesize is set to 50M. So I don't think that is the problem

Any other suggestions?

Michael

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165335 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Image Error Upload K2v2.8.0 Joomla 3.8.2 PHP 7.1.1
Are you getting any errors in your error_log?
Can you ask your hosting provider if there are any issues with file/folder permissions and/or mime types?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Michael Bond
More
6 years 5 months ago #165345 by Michael Bond
Replied by Michael Bond on topic Image Error Upload K2v2.8.0 Joomla 3.8.2 PHP 7.1.1
I can upload images through the standard Joomla Content / Media so I think it is K2 specific. I'll dig through logs later. Are you suggesting Apache logs or is there somewhere else I can look?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Michael

• Michael Bond
More
6 years 5 months ago #165347 by Michael Bond
Also I can upload JPG files using the K2 Media Manager. So it appears that the issue is in the process that associates the image file to the K2 items. If I understand correct, there is a hash process that is used to associate the images to the item.

Is there something related to the hash process that needs to be enabled in the PHP.ini file? Perhaps I have not turned something on that need to be enabled?

FYI, I am hosting this my site on an AWS EC2 instance, so I have access everything in Linux to configure if necessary.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Michael

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165355 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Image Error Upload K2v2.8.0 Joomla 3.8.2 PHP 7.1.1
Is the GD library enabled?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Michael Bond
More
6 years 5 months ago #165364 by Michael Bond
Thanks for the suggestion Krikor, that was the issue. The GD library was not enabled in my server. I installed and enabled it and now the process is fixed to associate the image with the item.

Really appreciate the suggestions!!!

Michael

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165413 by Krikor Boghossian
You 're welcome Michael :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---