Keyword

Description of a Tag

• Shawn Chiu
  • Shawn Chiu's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #166197 by Shawn Chiu
Description of a Tag was created by Shawn Chiu
Hi, I am new to K2. I force my self to use K2 because so many admirers and recommendation out there.
I want to make sure these things in K2.
(1) In core Joomla tag function, there is a editor offers images and text content as a description. I can't find it in K2.
(2) In core Joomla I can also store tags in nested structure. It seem not available in K2 tag.
(3) In core Joomla I can assign Tag's language, while K2 doesn't support. In k2 all tags are wildcards.
I am building a multi-language site and I have to display a page with an introduction text and list items having specific tag.
It was so difficult I tried in K2. Please it must be because I don't know about K2 much.

p.s. I also have similar problem in custom fields. Without nested structure, all fields are in a mess and not organised. In addition, an article category can have only one group of custom fields. This makes my planning more like Sparta.

Thanks. Any comments can be helpful.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Shawn Chiu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #170092 by natecovington
Replied by natecovington on topic Description of a Tag
Drupal

More
5 years 5 months ago #170096 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Description of a Tag
@Shawn

Replying...
1) Is there a point in assigning an image to a tag? Tag are usually created on the fly in the K2 item form. Have you seen any other tagging system (WordPress, Tumblr whatever) using an image assigned to a tag? I haven't. And if Joomla has what you say (haven't checked to be honest), well, let's just say that's the reason we built K2 in the first place.
2) If tags where to be nested, they would be called categories. Use categories instead. Categories also CAN have images.
3) Again, tags are not meant for categorization. Categories are.

In other words, use categories in K2, not tags. If you want multiple categorization, there's a great plugin which was recently launched: www.web357.com/joomla-extensions/multiple-categories-for-k2

Combining K2 and Multiple Categories for K2 (the plugin) you'll get a much better result than any other solution out there.

And you're thinking that the issue is hierarchies. Well, in the end, the issue is how great you can control and override your layout. And that's the real beauty in K2.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)