Keyword

elFinder giving error and how to prevent elFinder to show the category tree

• mattian
  • mattian's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #166523 by mattian
Hi,
I noticed a new error message when trying to choose an image in K2 Item Image-tab and search from server function. The error is this:
"Error in `getFileCallback`.
window.parent.SqueezeBox is undefined"

I would also like to hide the image category-tree in the elFinder and Set a default image-folder for this function.
We want to use the featured image function in K2 items, but site has several bloggers and we do NOT want to give them access to all the folders under images.

So ideas, how to fix the error message, how to set a default folder for elFinder and how to hide the category tree?

- Anne
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by mattian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #166685 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello,

Which version of Joomla! and K2 are you using?
Is this issue present in the backend as well?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• mattian
More
6 years 2 months ago #166701 by mattian
Hi,
I'm using Joomla 3.8.5. and K2 2.8.0.

I noticed that the there is no issue on the backend K2 image tab, but only on frontend.
I also noticed that on frontend there are lock-icons over the image folders and images. But still I can choose them and they show up in the K2 item, but I get this error message each time I have chosen an image on frontend.

Note also that I don't get the same error or any locks on the JCE editor image icon function, only on elFinder media-windows.

I wanted to give frontend users a specific folder to access, and I can do that with JCE editor, but for the featured-image using elFinder, I cannot prevent bloggers accessing only a specific folder.

- Anne

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #166719 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello Anne,

The lock indicates that file can only be viewed and selected. It can't be altered.
A workaround would be to use an extrafield (where JCE) is being loaded instead of the image, or hide the browse from server button. If you choose the former, then there are several guides in this forum which document this process.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• mattian
More
6 years 1 month ago #166796 by mattian
Hi,
the lock itself is not the issue, the issue is the ERROR-pop-up message that appears after choosing an image from the elfinder. Also another issue is that frontend user can access all folders, when we only want to give them one folder to use. How to fix the error-message and how to define/set it so that the frontend user can access only one folder?

- Anne

• mattian
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167450 by mattian
Hi,
I tried your suggestion of using extrafield, and K2 still uses elFinder not JCE. Same problem appears there, the locks appear and error text comes. Seems that elFinder has issue on frontend. I cannot find any place where to set rights for elFinder. The issue is also for superadmin user (not just for authors on frontend). This problem is NOT on backend, but only on FRONTEND.

What do do?
- Anne

• mattian
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167454 by mattian
Hi,
I tried your suggestion of using extrafield, and K2 still uses elFinder not JCE. Same problem appears there, the locks appear and error text comes. Seems that elFinder has issue on frontend. I cannot find any place where to set rights for elFinder. The issue is also for superadmin user (not just for authors on frontend). This problem is NOT on backend, but only on FRONTEND.

What do do?
- Anne

• mattian
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #167467 by mattian
HI,
we ended up hiding the Choose from server option in frontend K2 Item Image tab. This way we still give frontend user possibility to add featured images directly from their computer, but they don't have access to folders/files on the server.

I would hope there is some more options for this image tab functions in the future versions of K2. I would at least want the following options:
1) Option to use JCE editor instead of elFinder in the Image tab
2) Option to set the root folder for elFinder in the frontend (instead of using Media Manager settings, since we don't want to change the root for Media Manager)
3) Option to hide the SEARCH FROM SERVER function in the frontend
4) Option to set the access rights for frontend users

I see there are a lot of talk about elFinder in the forum, and these changes would definitely make featured image function more usable for website using K2 for several frontend users. Hopefully these can be added to the feature requests!

Thanks!
- Anne