Keyword

K2 and Joomla Page Break Elements

• Timothy Michel
  • Timothy Michel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Programming is a lot of work
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #166811 by Timothy Michel
K2 and Joomla Page Break Elements was created by Timothy Michel
I use the JCE Editor and it has a feature called Page Breaks which enable a multiple tabbed page with traditional tabs or vertical slider elements just by inserting the Page Break into the item content; very simple to use.

There are Content - Page Break, Button - Page Break plugins installed and enabled, but it doesn't appear that K2 recognizes these. Instead of getting either traditional tabs or vertical slider tabs I just get a horizontal line separating content that displays the title of what would be the tab, when hovering over it. In other words the title="" attribute is set, but the page break isn't rendered into tabs.

According to Ryan, who manages the JCE Editor component, the Content - Page Break plugin, must be loaded by the extension when rendering the content. This obviously isn't happening.

Is there a way to currently accomplish this with K2 or will this require a modification of the K2 code?

Thanks you in advance.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Timothy Michel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Timothy Michel
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #166830 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic K2 and Joomla Page Break Elements
Is this something so basic that I should know this without having to ask a question? The Joomla "Content - Page Break" plugin is a really easy way to add sliders to an article, just by clicking on the Button - Page Break plugin loaded into the JCE Editor tools bar and filing out the Title field and the Table of Contents Alias field. I am using a Regular Labs Tabs plugin, but the "Content - Page Break" plugin is far superior and so much easier to use.

Regular Labs also makes a sliders plugin do I need to purchase that, or is their a way to get "Content - Page Break" to work in K2? "Content - Page Break" is still easier as all that it requires is clicking the Page Break button.

Thanks, Tim
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Timothy Michel.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #166892 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 and Joomla Page Break Elements
Hello,

The page break plugin does not work with K2.
For K2 you can use as an alternative the Tabs and Sliders plugin extensions.joomla.org/extension/tabs-and-sliders/ a free version is available.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Timothy Michel
More
6 years 1 month ago #166934 by Timothy Michel
Replied by Timothy Michel on topic K2 and Joomla Page Break Elements
All you have to do is have K2 load the "Content - Page Break" plugin and it would work, as far as I know.

I am already using Regular Labs Tabs and Sliders, but the Page Break Plugin is so much easier from a user's perspective, because all they have to do is insert a page break and give it a title and table of contents alias. I have to make it easier for our writers who are often not very tech savvy, and become very apprehensive when asked to add Regular Labs tags with several attributes into an article.

Could this possibly added for the next release of K2?

Thanks, Tim

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #166961 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 and Joomla Page Break Elements
Hello,

You can add it as a feature request in our repo github.com/getk2/k2

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)