Keyword

Show Extra Fields info with Items on Category Page

• Seth Caton
  • Seth Caton's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167171 by Seth Caton
Hi there! My first time using K2. I'm a little familiar with Joomla overrides, and I've been doing Joomla sites for several years. Unfortunately I have little ability to write custom php and for overrides I mostly copy and paste what I find in forums.

I tried searching several forums and couldn't find anything...I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

All I want to do is find what code works to make the extra fields group of "Additional Info" display under each item title on the category page: sandbox.catondesigngroup.com/reisertrailers.com/index.php/models/model-et-equipment-trailerhttp://sandbox.catondesigngroup.com/reisertrailers.com/index.php/models/model-et-equipment-trailer

This is an individual item with the extra fields group I want to display on the category page: sandbox.catondesigngroup.com/reisertrailers.com/index.php/models/model-et-equipment-trailer/item/12-18-14000-gvwrhttp://sandbox.catondesigngroup.com/reisertrailers.com/index.php/models/model-et-equipment-trailer/item/12-18-14000-gvwr

What I don't quite have a handle on is how to make the extra fields show on the category page. I tried pulling code from I believe item.php and put it in category.php but all I got were error messages. Please help and tell me what code I need to put where. Thanks so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167184 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Show Extra Fields info with Items on Category Page
Hello,

The code is already there -> github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/components/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php#L134-L154
Just make sure that you have enabled the extrafields in that category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Seth Caton
  • Seth Caton's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167193 by Seth Caton
Thank you! I went through the whole list of category display settings and had customized them, but breezed right past that setting.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #167199 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Show Extra Fields info with Items on Category Page
You 're welcome Seth :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)