Keyword

How to change parameters inherited from parent category

• White Tiger
  • White Tiger's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #167256 by White Tiger
I'm new to K2 and I need a clarification about the parameters inherited from the categories.

I have Category-A, parent of Category-B.
I have an Item-B1 assigned to Category-B.

If I set parameters for Category-A, I see them applied to Item-B1.
But when I go to see Display Settings of Category-B I still see the default parameters.
In other words, if I set the Category-A parameters to OFF, I still see them ON in Category-B.

So if in Category-B I want to set ON only some parameters I have to put all the others OFF even if they have already been inherited OFF from Category-A.

This problem does not exist in the Display Settings of the single Item because for each option I have set by default the "Inherited from category" button and I have other ON and OFF buttons.

In conclusion, my question is how do I inherit parameters and modify others?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #167291 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic How to change parameters inherited from parent category
Hello,

If you set the "inherit options from..." setting then all the options will be inherited,
Regardless of the settings you set in that specific category the inherited options will be respected.
The TLDR here is that you need to reset the "inherit options from..." setting and redo that category's settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.