Keyword

K2 Front-End Editing Links Incorrectly Generated

More
5 years 9 months ago #168267 by Sean
I have several customer websites that I manage running with K2. We allow for Front-End Editing and have done so for quite some time without any major issues.

Since the latest update of K2 v2.8.0, the Front-End Editing is no longer working. By this I mean the Save and Close buttons are not triggering the actual functions. The only console error displayed has to do with loading TinyMCE via K2. This should not be the cause of the issue.

The part that really got me is this only occurs on a single site of a total five sites. They are all running the same software, are all updated to the latest Joomla! release 3.8.8. Other software packages include Admin Tools Pro and SH404SEF.

The other unique difference I noticed was the K2 generated Edit Item Link URL is different. I did disable SH404SEF temporarily to test whether this was causing the conflict/issue, but verified it had no immediate effect on the URL generation. URL's from testing are listed below.

This is the generated URL with SH404SEF disabled:
This message contains confidential information

This is the generated URL with SH404SEF enabled:
This message contains confidential information

When the Edit Item page loads, neither the Save or Close buttons work, even with SH404SEF disabled.

I have also reinstalled the last K2 update, on the off chance an issue occurred when installing the files. Did not help.

I would appreciate assistance with troubleshooting this issue. I did a web search for similar issues but did not find any listed. Are there any other tests I can perform to troubleshoot? What next steps do you recommend to solve this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168272 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Front-End Editing Links Incorrectly Generated
Hello,

This looks like an issue with obsolete template overrides.
The itemform.php file ( getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates ) of your overrides needs to be updated or if not needed you can delete it. Just make sure not to delete the core file instead :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 9 months ago #168274 by Sean
Krikor,

I have removed the itemform.php file for testing. This has zero change on the URL generating incorrectly as remains as posted in previous message.

The Edit page is displayed correctly in both cases but the Save and Close buttons do nothing. When clicked they appear as if their are going to work, but then it refreshes the page without Saving or Closing.

I have been using K2 for several years and am well aware of the templating. I also use this exact same setup on several websites but only one is having the issue, even after re-installing the latest K2 package to ensure there were no corrupted files from the direct update.

I know that the URL's are being generated incorrectly from the component and at this point that is the closest to the cause I can identify. I have spent several hours testing and debugging, but at this point I am not going to review the component as any changes would be wiped out upon next update.

At this point it seems the only way to correct the "non k2 related issue" is to do a full site rebuild and hope for the best.

Do you have any other ideas as to the cause? I am willing to provide more info or perform testing as it relates. I appreciate your assistance.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168275 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Front-End Editing Links Incorrectly Generated
Are you using bare sh404sef or are you using it alongside with the K2 plugin?
Furthermore sh404sef has the option (and per component) not to alter some URLs.\
If you are using the K2 shs404sef plugin please open a ticket in the helpdesk and also send me Super User credentials so I can check the plugin.
PS. You might already know this but you need to purge shs404sef's URLs after every change

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
5 years 9 months ago #168276 by Sean
Thanks Krigor,

The K2 sh404SEF plugin is a requirement if using sh404SEF component. Solved the problem.

I appreciate your time and assistance with this now solved issue.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168283 by Krikor Boghossian
Thank you so much Sean,

Not really a requirement (as in it will kill your site if you don't use it) but if you want to use sh404sef's router with K2, then yes this is a requirement.
Best of luck with your project.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---