Keyword

How do you display K2 Articles as blog on the HOMEPAGE - CAN ANYONE HELP?

More
5 years 9 months ago #168310 by Reji
I am trying to display a few K2 articles from the different K2 Categories on the website's HOMEPAGE. I created a HOME menu and made the Manu Type "Latest Items from one or two K2 Categories" see image

But for some reason nothing gets displayed on the HOME page. However if I create another Menu item with the exact same setup, the articles from the different categories get displayed nicely in the main Content (Component) section.

Can someone please help. What should I do different to have the articles displayed on the Default HOME page.

I am using RS!Penta as my template.

For the life of me I can not get a Blog view of articles on the Home page! Bizzare!

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168319 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello,

The deault menu item should be a K2 Categories Menu item.
In the menu's settings you can select the categories and the menu item's properties.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 9 months ago #168334 by Reji
Yes, that's what I have. I created a new Menu (Home page) and set the Menu Item type to "Latest News from K2 Caterogires (one or more)" and set the options accordingly. But it is not showing up properly on the HOME page.

I am emphasizing the HOME page, because that same Menu setup works if I were to create a regular page, other than HOME page. So it seems that there is an issue with displaying on Components or as Featured items on HOme page. I am using RS!Penta template.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168336 by Krikor Boghossian
If NO components are being rendered (K2 and default articles), then this is a template issue which should be addressed by the template's devs.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
5 years 9 months ago #168376 by Reji
Would you recommend any templates that would render components that I can use as a sample?
Is there anything that I can manually change on the template configuration files to enable components on my template? The help from the developers is much to be desired!! So we are left on our own.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168396 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello,

Pretty much all templates render the component on the default page.
Depending on your needs you can also browse our templates www.joomlaworks.net/joomla-templates

Finally since I do not know the specifics of the template my answer will be a bit vague.
<jdoc:include type="component" />
This is the code used to generate the component.
It should be wrapped in an if/else statement for the homepage (default menu item). In any case backup before you do any edits.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---