Keyword

Intermittent Front End Edit Issue

More
2 weeks 1 hour ago #168406 by Sean
Sean created the topic: Intermittent Front End Edit Issue
One of my client sites is no longer able to edit items from the front end, but only from a specific category.

I have triple checked there are no template overrides being used. I also cleared the Joomla! cache and server caching several times to no avail. I reinstalled latest K2 release and also the sh404SEF K2 plugin without effect.

This message contains confidential information

When clicking the 'Save button' it behaves as if the 'Close button' was clicked on and exits to the homepage via "/index.php#". The same happens with all the 'tab buttons'. There are no JS errors occurring which makes this much more confusing. I am basically running a bare bones Joomla! installation. There appears to be no conflicts occurring base don what I can see.

If I try editing any other category, the front end editing works just as expected.

I searched the forum for similar posts but found none. I searched the web and found nothing either.

I am hopeful you may have some suggestions on how I can further troubleshoot this issue. I am happy to provide any related information that may be helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #168410 by Krikor
Krikor replied the topic: Intermittent Front End Edit Issue
This is really weird, I will not lie about it.
SInce you know your way around Joomla! and development, check to see if all necesssary scripts have been loaded.
If that menu is using a different template
or, if there are any JS errors printed the moment you click on the buttons.

IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

---
JoomlaWorks
www.joomlaworks.net/

More
1 week 4 days ago #168437 by Sean
Sean replied the topic: Intermittent Front End Edit Issue
After exhausting normal code review and troubleshooting, it became apparent that there is some kind of issue with the latest Joomla! release. My guess is the 3.8.9 release, since the 3.8.10 only addresses a but Windows bug introduce in 3.8.9.

Although a different issue, the Breadcrumbs path was not displaying correctly. After a restore from backup this solved the Breadcrumbs issue related to the path generation.

I did a quick review of the K2 item editing and it is still off. I will need to revisit since restoring from backup. But there are no immediate JS errors.

Are you aware of any potential issues related to editing should the path be the problem?

More
1 week 1 day ago #168463 by Krikor
Krikor replied the topic: Intermittent Front End Edit Issue
If shs404sef has cached some URLs and they resolve in errors, then you need to purge the cache of sh40sef.
Also if you are using any performance related extension, can you try disabling them?
Also disable all K2 3rd party plugins to see if that solves the issue.

---
JoomlaWorks
www.joomlaworks.net/

• Fotis
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
1 week 10 hours ago #168471 by Fotis
Fotis replied the topic: Intermittent Front End Edit Issue
@Sean Install K2 from the GitHub repo directly github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip - Joomla removed some classes in 3.8.x I think and this caused frontend editing to break. The final update for K2 is imminent.

---
JoomlaWorks
www.joomlaworks.net/

Moderators: william white