Keyword

item url wrong when having a menuitem for it

• natanja
  • natanja's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #168508 by natanja
Hello,
I have a strange problem. On my website I have one category 'resultaten' and I have made a menu item for that.
In another (hidden) menu I have several menuitems linking to one item of the category 'resultaten' for a different view.
But when I click an item from the category view on the page 'resultaten' that also has a menu item in the hidden menu, it is linking the url to the menu-item instead of a subpage of the category view and therefore I am missing my template that is assinged to the itemid of the category 'resultaten'.

For example:
good url: domain.com/resultaten/803-lara-i-1931
bad url: domain.com/lara-2-1926

When I disable seo friendly urls I see in the first url the right itemid 118 and in the second url the itemid 370, the on of the hidden menu item...

Can I change some file that all items from the category view are directed with the right category itemid instead of the hidden menuitemid?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by natanja.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168519 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic item url wrong when having a menuitem for it
Hello,

Unfortunately this is Joomla!'s behaviour.
Once a menu item exists, then Joomla! will display the item (or whichever piece of content) with the menu item's settings and URL.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.