Keyword

Change to individual K2 items <!-- Featured flag --> words??

• Chris Hogan
  • Chris Hogan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168536 by Chris Hogan
Hi there,

Can you please advise if it is possibly to change individual K2 items <!-- Featured flag --> please see image for the area that I wish to change from the words 'featured to 'Expired' for example.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168543 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Change to individual K2 items <!-- Featured flag --> words??
Hello,

This is an HTML comment which is not rendered.
The Expired text is either hardcoded in your template (check the item.php file) or you are using language overrides.

docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla
getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Chris Hogan
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168580 by Chris Hogan
Hi there, the wording normally says 'Featured' (if I selected for the item to appear on the homepage) but I just changed to 'Expired' on the page inspect as an example.

As for the item.php as I believe this would change all my stories/items this won't really work as I need an option to remove older news (and take off featured) so I just need some type of method to get the text 'Expired' in the same style /and area as the Red Coloured 'Featured Text'

Thanks

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168586 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Change to individual K2 items <!-- Featured flag --> words??
You can use an extrafield which can be rendered explicitly github.com/kricore/Advanced-templating-with-K2/blob/master/_inc/cheatsheet.php#L168-L173
Since you can use your own markup in that field, you can use the featured flag's markup and classes.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Chris Hogan
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #168610 by Chris Hogan
Hi there,

Thanks for the info but could you explain the process I need to take to accomplish this?

Regards!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #168614 by Krikor Boghossian
You need to create a new extrafield and override the item.php file.
If you haven't, you must do it so you won't lose your changes getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub

In the item.php file, inside the <sup>element which is used to display the featured flag you can render the extrafield's value use this code as a starting point github.com/kricore/Advanced-templating-with-K2/blob/master/_inc/cheatsheet.php#L168-L173

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---