Keyword

K2 Sigpro with Amazon server for images

• Uzi
  • Uzi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #168597 by Uzi
Hello,

I have some trouble getting the Amazon server and the image gallery to work. I move the images from my server to the amazon server with a cronjob, and it removes the images on the website server. Now the problem lies in the generating of the gallery. Sigpro wants to get the imagesize of the source image, but because that is deleted it doesn't get the correct values and it stops with executing the code.

Now it only displays the tags. Is there a possibility to let the sigpro plugin check the image on the amazon server instead of the home server?

EDIT: Ok, so I think I can change the path to the image file by replacing the site_url in the helper class. But, as you can imagine, I'm not fond of changing the core files of the plugin. Anyone know how to override the helper class in the plugin? I haven't found overriding helper plugins but only components.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Uzi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168601 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Sigpro with Amazon server for images
Hello,

Have you tried using a symlink?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Uzi
  • Uzi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #168608 by Uzi
Replied by Uzi on topic K2 Sigpro with Amazon server for images
No I am actually using a plugin to change the URLS from the local to the Amazon server. It works quite well, it searches for the img src tag and replaces that one with the correct Amazon URL. Problem is only the sigpro gallery for now.
The plugin works by basically running a cron job every x minutes to upload the files to the designated area on the amazon server. The it deletes the files on the local server. (Not delete actually but setting filesize 0). The plugin than handles the replacing of the file urls.

I don't know how to use the symlink method. It's not described anywhere.

I see in an older topic that another user had already asked for this (he wanted to use the folder to image path to use a amazon url) I presume you already have that code ready?

EDIT2: You think that a symbolic link to the amazon server is the best solution (you advice that every time this qustion comes up) but I cannot find anything that explains how to set this up, how to achieve this. I understand that you basically tell the webserver that the folder is not on this server but on another server (the amazon server) but did you test it out live, or do you know how to set this up right? So that there are no errors? Thanks.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Uzi.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #168612 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Sigpro with Amazon server for images
My advise is the same, since no one has verified that this works or not. I am not currently on S3 so I cannot test it.
docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/how-to-page-redirect.html
docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/dev/RESTAuthentication.html#RESTAuthenticationQueryStringAuth

There are several pieces of documentation on redirects (and a possible authentication) i AWS's site. My starting point would be there or try to look for an extension which moves J!'s files to S3
extensions.joomla.org/extension/s3-media/
extensions.joomla.org/extension/ja-amazon-s3/

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)