Keyword

K2 Item with Registered access redirecting to wrong domain if user not logged in

• Mick
  • Mick's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #168634 by Mick
Joomla 3.8.10 & 3.8.11, K2 2.8.0, Community Builder 2.2.0 & 2.2.1

I have two parked domains on my server but no server redirects to them.

I have a menu item linked to a K2 Item which requires a Registered user login to view. If the menu item is selected when the a user is not logged in it should go to the login page for the website domain, which also has advice for the user that they need to login. Instead the url is changed to an address with one of the parked domains in and displays a login form without the instructions and from which the user cannot login because of the referring address.

It should redirect to:

https://[PRIMARY DOMAIN]/component/users/?view=login&return=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYW9wYS5jby51ay9tZW1iZXJzaGlwL21lbWJlci1iZW5lZml0cy1tZW1iZXJzLW9ubHkuaHRtbA==&Itemid=101

but goes to:

https://[PARKED DOMAIN]/component/users/?view=login&return=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYW9wYS5jby51ay9tZW1iZXJzaGlwL21lbWJlci1iZW5lZml0cy1tZW1iZXJzLW9ubHkuaHRtbA==&Itemid=101

When I clear the Joomla cache the item redirects to the correct url, but after a while it reverts to redirecting incorrectly. I have now turned off caching in Joomla to see if that has any effect, though it is not desirable.

Any ideas?

Thanks

UPDATE: I dug into the server aliases and while both the parked domains were listed neither had any redirection instructions. I then edited the aliases and redirected them to the primary domain url. So far the page redirects correctly. If this resolves it I would still be interested to know why the K2 item redirected to a parked domain that had no redirect instructions. (Also no reference to any parked domain in htaccess or config.php).
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Mick. Reason: More info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mick
  • Mick's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #168637 by Mick
The issue only occurs if Joomla system is set to cache. Totally puzzled.

It also seems to have puzzled the K2 experts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.