Keyword

Item thumbnails on Category Listing

More
5 years 7 months ago #168828 by Mike
Hi folks,
apologies if this is a stupid question, but I just can't find the answer, and while I have years of experience with Joomla, I have virtually NO experience with K2....

So.... I have a menu option of Blog, which is a 'Category' listing (I only have 1 category).
I want to put thumbnails against each of the items in the summary listing, as in the attached image.....

How can I do this??

thanks in advance!!

Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #168841 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Item thumbnails on Category Listing
Unlike Joomla's mind-f*ck approach in category setups, where the menu item exclusively controls the output of a category, in K2, when you link to a single category, the layout options come directly from the category settings.

If you have uploaded images with your K2 items (in the K2 image tab), by default you'll see these images in any category listing (or tag/user/date etc. listing). So unless you've disabled the option to show the K2 item image, it should be there.

However, if you're migrating from Joomla content articles and you have images embedded within your content (within introtext/fulltext), you need this little cool plugin to extract the first such image and "make" it a K2 image (aka serve it in a separate variable in the K2 item object): github.com/getk2/k2-iaki

If you like K2, don't forget to rate it at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.