Keyword

Huge white space added in K2 item of type 'categories'

• Martin Hinchliffe
  • Martin Hinchliffe's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #169492 by Martin Hinchliffe
Hi,

I have created a K2 menu item of type 'Categories' , and when I look into the front end and click on the new menu item, it gives me the following code where it makes the subCategory 8367pixels high, so leaving a huge gap before seeing the next item. Does anyone know why it does this? You can see the highlighted code below:

The screen therefore looks like this and if you scroll down far enough, you'll eventually see the other sub categories:

I am using:

K2 Version 2.9.0
Joomla 3.8.12
MYSQL: 5.6.26
PHP: 5.6.38

All the categories and items were imported into K2, so entered through the core Joomla article and category managers.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Martin Hinchliffe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #169501 by JoomlaWorks
This is probably caused by some other script as the height value is inline (I'm pretty sure you can't see it on the actual rendered source code - NOT the augmented source (by JS) in the inspector).

A URL to the page in question would definitely help.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Martin Hinchliffe
  • Martin Hinchliffe's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #169502 by Martin Hinchliffe
Replied by Martin Hinchliffe on topic Huge white space added in K2 item of type 'categories'
Thank you:

The webpage:
copy.signupdate.co.uk/sign-update-signmakers-magazine/features

Ahhh, not thought about the actual source code. I can see there is not mention of the height in the html. I don't fully understand this, so any more help would be appreciated.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Martin Hinchliffe.

More
5 years 6 months ago #169516 by JoomlaWorks
There is a tiny snippet of JS code in K2 that does "equal heights" for subcategory columns. This causes the long height but it's a sideeffect of broken HTML markup. In other words, some elements don't properly close and trick the script to think each subcategory block is taller than it should.

Run your HTML output (not the rendered) in W3C's validator and you'll see which HTML elements are not properly closed to fix them: validator.w3.org/nu/#textarea

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)