Keyword

Tag subtemplte does not override

• smilesmile
  • smilesmile's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #169604 by smilesmile
Tag subtemplte does not override was created by smilesmile
Hi there!
I have an issue with overriding tag.php template. I got 2 sub templates for 2 different categories in /mytemplate/html/com_k2/.
Then I use k2 tools tag cloud functionality as a submenu, and all tag links generate tag listings in the default template.
I am sure I have done everything right. Reinstalled K2 several times. J3.8.1 K2 2.8.0.
Please give some hints what might be the cause of this!
greetings

The two instances of K2 tools tag cloud modules are published here: 2017.sklada.bg/bg/novini/ and here: 2017.sklada.bg/bg/izbrani-brandove/
As it might be seen the tag template in the second link is OK since it follows the menu link template (category), but in the first link as soon as any of the two submenu links (tags) "изложба | изложения" is clicked the tag listing has a template that has nothing to do with the previous view

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #169605 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Tag subtemplte does not override
In order to assign a specific template override to a tag, you MUST create a menu item for that tag. It's the only way the system can differentiate WHICH sub-template you wish to use.

The other (advanced) option would be to append the sub-template name to the URL of each tag (by modifying the tag cloud's output) and then using a system plugin load the appropriate K2 sub-template.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.