Keyword

Problems with tags

• Frank Schreiber
  • Frank Schreiber's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #169734 by Frank Schreiber
Problems with tags was created by Frank Schreiber
Hi,

we updated K2 and Joomla! to the newest version and have problems with the tags.

There are two tag clouds on my website: one for my news-section and one for my video-section.

The clouds look the same, but to keep them separated, the tags for videos are with underline (i.e.: _funky) and the tags for news are without underline (i.e.: funky). The underline just gets hidden in the tag-cloud, but you can see it in the address-field of the browser, when clicking on a tag.

Now we have the problem, that clicking on a tag, sometimes results in "the page you requested was not found" (testnewjoomla.frankschreiber.com/en/news.html -> click on "award"), Clicking on the German translated tag (Auszeichnungen), it works, but the tag-cloud and navigation on the right side disappear: testnewjoomla.frankschreiber.com/de/tag/Auszeichnung.html

Also it happens, that clicking twice on a tag, the results jump from video- to news-category (or vice versa):
testnewjoomla.frankschreiber.com/de/tag/_klassisch.html -> please klick on tag "klassisch" again.

Some tags also simly work.

What happended here? Here are two links to the live-site, where everything works perfekt:
www.frankschreiber.com/de/news-archiv.html
www.frankschreiber.com/de/video.html

Best regards,

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #169777 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Problems with tags
We do various cleanups on tags for continuity. Perhaps the broken pages are from items which got edited.

What are you trying to achieve by the way? Show different tags per category or link to a different layout based on tags?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Frank Schreiber
  • Frank Schreiber's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #169785 by Frank Schreiber
Replied by Frank Schreiber on topic Problems with tags
Hi Fotis,

thanks for your reply.

We didn’t edit anything, just copying from the live-site to the new test-site. As I remember, there was an issue with the newest version auf k2 and my template, which made problems. My programmer did the upgrade, because I’m not familiar with web programming. Could I please send you his pm for figuring out? We’re on a hurry, because my provider forces a switch from php 5.6 to 7 on next Wednesday, which makes my live-site unusable. Of course I’d post the solution afterwards.

Initially the two tag clouds have been invented to show different tags per category. Here you can see the result, which is working perfectly with the old version, on my live-site.
News category: www.frankschreiber.com/de/news-archiv.html
Video category: www.frankschreiber.com/de/video.html

Thanks and best regards,

Frank
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Frank Schreiber.

More
5 years 5 months ago #169797 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Problems with tags
Your developer can simply join this thread.

If the tag cloud module is set correctly to filter tags by category, it will only display tags within a specific category. Unless these tags are common, the redirect will be correct.

What I could do for an upcoming update in K2 is add an extra URL param to also filter tagged items displayed (in the tag view) by a single category only, the one chosen in the tag cloud module.

In the meantime you can modify the tags.php module override (in mod_k2_tools) and utilize "$module->id" to differentiate the 2 modules and then in the links produced, add e.g. "?cat=video" or "?cat=news-archiv".

Then within your tag.php component override, "read" the "?cat=X" variable and display a different HTML structure. It's really very easy.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)