Problems with SEF urls

• Gianluca
  • Gianluca's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #169737 by Gianluca
Problems with SEF urls was created by Gianluca
Hello everyone!
I have some problems with K2 SEF urls... let me explain:

I have this article: www.elisirdisalute.it/temi/medicina/prevenzione/item/302-palpitazioni,-quando-il-cuore-si-fa-sentire.html and this URL is the right one: in Joomla menu I have the main menu "temi" with subcategories "medicina" and then "prevenzione". "prevenzione" is the category view where all the items are listed.

I've seen through analytics that the same article is view by users from this URL: www.elisirdisalute.it/iniziative-salute/item/302-palpitazioni,-quando-il-cuore-si-fa-sentire.html (second link from this search: www.google.com/search?q=Palpitazioni%2C+quando+il+cuore+si+fa+sentire&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab )

Question is: why Google find the article under the wrong URL?

Keep un mind that www.elisirdisalute.it/iniziative-salute.html is a single menu item that points to a single K2 article.

So why google index the article under the very wrong menu item? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
Gianluca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #169778 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Problems with SEF urls
This is actually standard Joomla behaviour. When you're on a item page (e.g. /some/path/to/item) and tag that does not have a direct menu item on it will render with the URL: /some/path/to/tag.

To solve this (as making menu items to all tags is impossible obviously) simply create a menu item in a hidden menu (an unused menu) that points to all categories. Give that menu item an alias of "content". Then all tags and users and any other entity in K2 that does not have a menu item assigned to it will render as /content/tag or /content/user. Browse the K2 blog at getk2.org/blog to check the various elements there and see what I mean.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Gianluca
  • Gianluca's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #169807 by Gianluca
Replied by Gianluca on topic Problems with SEF urls
Thank you for your answer. If i try to create that hidden menu the old links still works ( www.elisirdisalute.it/iniziative-salute/item/302-palpitazioni,-quando-il-cuore-si-fa-sentire.html ) even if "iniziative salute" is not a tag, but an article.
Do you think that i can prevent google to reach this page adding "Disallow: /iniziative-salute/item/*" to the robots.txt?
I already send the sitemap.xml to google via Webmaster Tools, in this way the crawler should ignore the "wrong path" and just follow the right path from the sitemap, right?

More
5 years 6 months ago #169813 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Problems with SEF urls
Make sure you're not seeing cached output.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)