Keyword

New menu item, new k2 Categories List (menu) module

• Ernest
  • Ernest's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #169966 by Ernest
Hi,

I've got the problem with adding various Categories List (menu) module for each of 4 menu positions.
Each of those categories list should view other categories for type of menu position.

For example:
There are 4 menu positions:
  1. Football players
  2. Volleyball players
  3. Handball players
  4. Basketball players

Each of those menu positions have categories and those categories are sport clubs, for example Football players ->FC Barcelona.
If we pick those category it will show us players in this team.

My problem is that if I add categories then all of the menu positions can have other Categories List name it also has all of the categories. For example if we pick any of the menu item like Basketball players it also show us football, volleyball and handball teams. I can't it find how to make new Categories List (menu) with speciall categories for each of menu item/position.

That was an example, now I'll show you how it should be separated and what I've done already.

Like you see - Porady, Moje Sprzęty, Historie, Artykuły should be only in menu position/item "Felietony".
motorowerowe serii S-38, motorowerowe serii "0" and Rowerowe should view in Silniki and rest of categories shoul be vew after pick "Cos".
Module Catergories List, categories and items should view after picking good main menu item.

Could you help me?
It is all about K2 Categories List (menu)
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Ernest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #169990 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic New menu item, new k2 Categories List (menu) module
This seems like a Joomla module setup really. On each module's settings, you can select on WHICH menu item they will display. So in your case, make sure for example that the module with "Porady, Moje Sprzęty, Historie, Artykuły" is show ONLY when the menu item "Felietony" is shown in the frontend.

It's the 2nd tab in each module's settings, e.g. jmp.sh/TTSu723 (in one of my demo sites).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ernest
  • Ernest's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #170009 by Ernest
I already have this configuration, check it there:

There is what you can see on the sites. It picks good module, but each of modules (Silniki or Kategorie) don't contain good categories from K2. Look there:

There are good modules but I still don't know how to set good categories fo wright module (Silniki or Kategorie).

Already I'll just make new categories like Silniki and Felietony which will contain categories, will be their parents ste.
So Felietony will have "Porady", "Moje Sprzęty", "Historie" and "Artykuły" and Silniki will have the rest.

But I still would like to have only good categories for each module.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Ernest.

More
5 years 5 months ago #170027 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic New menu item, new k2 Categories List (menu) module
Are you using the "Menu Module" (mod_menu) for your horizontal menu or something else?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)