Keyword

Migrate Joomla+K2 from OVH hosting to new OVH hosting and... no images on Items

• delaunois
  • delaunois's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #170164 by delaunois
Hello,
I have a Joomla + K2 site on a OVH hosting linked to a database on an external database server.
I migrate this site to another OVH hosting while keeping the link on the same database on an external database server.

My problem: Once the site and all the files migrated to new hosting, the K2 items no refer to images.

I moved all the files, my site is always well linked to the same database but I have no more images on my items in front and back, there is no longer any reference to images ... as if I had never linked an image to my K2 articles. It is not about dead links on the images but rather an absence of images?!?
See the 2 printscreen of the same records: on the first Hosting> image; after migration, more images.

Can someone help me? I have more than 50000 K2 articles so manual manipulation is not relevant.
Thank you,
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by delaunois.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mohamed Abdelaziz
  • Platinum Member
  • Joomla Developer
More
5 years 5 months ago #170170 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Hi
AFAIK, images are saved as files, not in database fields.
So, first of all, you need to check if the files are existing or not.
item images are stored in these folders: media/k2/items/src and media/k2/items/cache

Multiple Extra Fields Groups for K2
AutoMeta for K2
Chained Fields for K2
More K2 Extensions In My Extensions Store

More
5 years 5 months ago #170192 by JoomlaWorks
This means that either the /media/k2/ files were not properly moved from the old server to the new one (as Mohamed also stated), or that there are permission issues from the migration and thus K2 cannot "read" the image files.

If you do see the files in /media/k2/items/ then it's probably related to file permissions/ownership, in which case (and since this is shared hosting) kindly ask OVH to repair owner permissions in the new server account.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)