Keyword

Feature Suggestion: Drag and drop content blocks like Wordpress Gutenberg

• Lance Thompson
  • Lance Thompson's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #170302 by Lance Thompson
One of the many reasons I love K2 is that it makes it extremely easy for non-web people to build create page, add photos, galleries, attachments, etc without having to know HTML or complex steps. It does a great job of managing everything around the text on the page and the one kink in the whole thing is the text area.

Questions such as "How do I add a second image in my text" or I want to put a video "here" always give me pause when I'm training someone on how to manage Joomla using K2.

Suggestion: Create a drag and drop text editor similar to Wordpress's Gutenberg editor.

wordpress.org/gutenberg/

While theirs is getting mixed reviews, I believe this would go a long way to making Joomla much more user friendly to people with limited web content skills.

Also, I think one of the big complaints about theirs is that it's either on or off, no in-between so you can't toggle it on a page so that would need to be looked at.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Lance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #170330 by JoomlaWorks
I'd like to think we know how to do proper content management, meaning how to "orchestrate" functionality, structure, options, output etc. Because we actively use K2 in custom projects and because we've had the pleasure of working in large projects were the experience & feedback was pure gold.

But I would honestly rather see JCE expand in that space. Libraries like grapesjs.com could very much assist in that process. And K2's UI leaves plenty of space for the WYSIWYG editor to make use of.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.