Keyword

Public submission form

• Gareth
  • Gareth's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #170962 by Gareth
Public submission form was created by Gareth
I am new to K2 and still finding my way round so forgive me if this is a stupid question ?!

I want to create a directory with K2. Is it possible to create a form that an unregistered user can submit through K2?

At the moment I have a user group "Public" that has the rights to create etc.. I have created a menu link to "add an item" but this asks me to log-in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #170993 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Public submission form
It's not possible to have unregistered users submit content as content in K2 (and on most extensions I know in the Joomla community) requires that any submitted content is tied to an actual Joomla user.

If your users can signup, then yes, you can create a "pool" category for them to upload new content and then use K2's User Group permissions to control how content is published. The main K2 site works like that, by the way, for extension/template submissions.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 1 month ago #171551 by Usop Wilcha
Replied by Usop Wilcha on topic Public submission form
You may try this component called JE K2 STORY, you can set the captcha to prevent spam and can manually approved them from back end

But i need to warn you that this promising extension has not been updated quite a long time and it really need to be rewritten especially it layout since it were not compatible with many template unless using clean default

It also support to upload images from front end but you need to have Simple Image Gallery Pro for integration

@Fotis
Please consider to include this feature in the future update as current one is not really user friendly, I think many will buy even as third party quality component

Thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #171555 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Public submission form
I can pitch the idea to some 3rd party developers, but I don't think such a feature would make it into K2 core (trying to keep things simple with a fixed set of features, yet allow developers to extend on that).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)