Keyword

Large Image Uploads to K2 Article

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #171062 by SD
I have been having an issue where if I attempt to upload a large image to a K2 article it will post the article without image and return a blank page.

What I mean by a large image is anything 3000 x 3000 pixels or larger. I have tested this several ways by attempting to upload jpg, png and tiff images ranging in size from a couple hundred k to 4.31 mb being the largest of the test images. Each of the images are all over 3000 x 3000 pixel. When attempting to upload over that 3000 x 3000 mark the article will post to the site without an image but instead of returning to the control panel or add item I am presented with a blank screen.

In testing I have set error logging to maximum on the site yet when presented with the blank page after clicking save there are no errors present. The blank page presents itself regardless of image type within seven to eight seconds.

If I reduce the size of the images under the 3000 x 3000 mark the images will upload with no issues.

My PHP config is as follows:

System Memory: 128 mb
Max Execution Time: 90 seconds
Post Max Size: 32 mb
Upload Max File Size: 128 mb

At this point I am at a loss on ideas to move forward on this. Thanks for the help.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by SD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #171074 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Large Image Uploads to K2 Article
There is no limitation in K2 for image dimensions. Perhaps your memory_limit is too low for processing such images (you mentioned "System Memory" but not "memory_limit").

BTW, post_max_size should be equal to upload_max_filesize.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.