Keyword

How works the K2 Cache for registered users?

• roland
  • roland's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #171197 by roland
Hi, all my site was with access rights set to Public. I needed to change to force 100% of people to be register for SSO purpose. Joomla cache was enable till now like this:
  • cache handler: file
  • cache time = 150
  • conservative caching
  • System - page cache pluggin = disable

Mainly I have set all K2 categories to access Register. Performance has slowed down.

When I view Joomla 'Maintenance - Clear Cache (site)' the com_k2 does not show up anymore to be cleaned up although it was showing up when all was 'Public'.

Globally, what do I need to check to ensure that cache works well knowing that 100% of the visits will now be Register users.
Thanks
Roland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #171209 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic How works the K2 Cache for registered users?
When a user logs into Joomla, all caching in Joomla is switched off. It's not just K2.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• roland
More
5 years 1 month ago #171214 by roland
oh! this will terribly slow down the pages and might be unacceptable in terms of performance.
What are your recommendations ?

• roland
More
5 years 1 month ago #171218 by roland
Hi Tony,

For performance, for the frontend, how to override the calls to cdnjs.cloudflare.com files so that it loads these files from local server ?

br
Roland

More
5 years 1 month ago #171225 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic How works the K2 Cache for registered users?
First of all, even with caching off in Joomla, K2 still maintains a separate cache for items and categories when a user has no editing rights to the content. This is an extra caching layer in K2 only, it's not default component behaviour. But that's not enough obviously if you use other components, modules, plugins etc. All those will not be cached when a user login is detected.

As for your second comment, keeping the assets to the CDN is preferable as they are loaded faster (using an HTTP/2 connection and compression by default). I don't plan on changing that, but in v2.10 coming this month, the CDN will switch to jsDelivr which is GDPR-friendly.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)