Keyword

remove name from registration

• Martin Thorgaard
  • Martin Thorgaard's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #171430 by Martin Thorgaard
remove name from registration was created by Martin Thorgaard
I dont get this, It used to work. But I guess an update or something, has changed it back (Even though I'd make an override)

I want my users to register without typing in their name. I know how to remove the "NAME" field from the file "Register.php" (K2 component) but after submit, I get an error, that NAME is required (Even though, I've removed the field itself, but apparently didn't remove the requirement).

The first time I did it, a yeay ago, I found the solution right away, but now, I've used 3+ hours, and cant find the solution that works. Every solution that I Google doesn't work. I really dont get this?

This is my registration page: min-barsel.dk/create-an-account/

Sincerely,
Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #171441 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic remove name from registration
This is actually a Joomla requirement, not a K2 requirement. What you would do is use some JS code to automatically append the typed email address as name. Don't disable the name form field, just hide it with CSS and have JS copy the email value to it. This way, the registration process will work as expected.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Martin Thorgaard
  • Martin Thorgaard's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #171445 by Martin Thorgaard
Replied by Martin Thorgaard on topic remove name from registration
Thank you for your reply.

I know I've done this befode only with an override or remove of some code. The problem here is, I dont know how to code :/
I can read some code, and understand where to put some things, but cant do it from scratch.

But you tell me, its in Joomla (And not a K2 component) I've to do the changes?

sincerely,
Martin

More
5 years 1 month ago #171452 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic remove name from registration
The name is a Joomla requirement for registrations. K2 simply augments the Joomla registration process.

However the modification you ask is beyond the free support we provide here. So please get in touch with someone who can sort this out for you. Like I said, you need some JS code to automatically clone what is typed in the email address field TO the name field.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)