Keyword

k2 registration form like the one on this site

• David L
  • David L's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #171972 by David L
Hi,

I have been reading various methods of creating my K2 user registration and have most things in place. But I cannot seem to find where or how to create the type of registration form that you have on this site. It is perfect for my needs.
Currently I am creating a Virtuemart store with Blog categories. When I click create account on the K2 User login module I get directed to the standard VM store style login/registration page. But I just want this k2 Module to link to a simple reg page with name, username, password, email, avatar and description, not lots irrelevant of billing fields.
So how do I set the create account link to a brief custom K2 registration form? is it built into K2? cannot find this information anywhere!

PHP 7.2
Joomla 3.9.5
Virtuemart 3.4.2
K2 2.9.0
The parameters in Global Configuration > Users are set up with Allow User Registration set to Yes, New User Registration Group set to Registered. All of the plugins are enabled.

Update: I notice that older posts refer to using the standard menu type (ie to User Registration under User) then creating overrides. Is this still how to do it? If so will it affect my VM Store user registration too? I only ask as the user component looks to be core so best to ask before jumping in.
I must admit that it is counterintuitive to have a component such as k2 still rely on the regular User menu type. This is not a complaint as the component is excellent but I was scratching my head trying to find a K2 equivalent entry to take care of this.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by David L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #171994 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic k2 registration form like the one on this site
We use our extension SocialConnect for logins and signups ;)

www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/socialconnect

It allows for better/more usable login forms and you can use SocialConnect as a hub for the first login for users. See how we show a menu on the right side when you login to: www.joomlaworks.net/members

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• David L
More
4 years 11 months ago #172032 by David L
Hi,
Sorry for the late reposnse I have only just notice the reply!
Excellent and great work. I shall try it.

Regards

David

More
4 years 11 months ago #172053 by JoomlaWorks
You're welcome :)

---

• David L
More
4 years 11 months ago #172078 by David L
Hi,

Since first installing this component I have now removed K2 as it was too heavy for my needs. I do have the Helix Framework installed and using this for the blog now.
Is there any more specific documentation available to help create the login form that you have featured on this site. It is perfect for my needs.

Regards

David

More
4 years 11 months ago #172088 by JoomlaWorks
As I mentioned before, it's SocialConnect: www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial/socialconnect

The forms are ready-made in that extension. You just create menu items for it or use its module, as you would do with Joomla's core login features.

---