Update on Next Stable Release

• Red Evolution
  • Red Evolution's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #172025 by Red Evolution
Update on Next Stable Release was created by Red Evolution
Hey,

When we updated our client sites to v2.9 we had so many issues which I have had back and forths with Fotis about (a few months ago now though) and he advised to download and install the dev version of 2.9.1 from Github as it would be released as a stable version soon. There is still no stable version though and I see the repo version is now v2.10. Can you please advise when it will be released as a stable version as we use K2 on a lot of client sites and really need to have a consistent stable platform for them all.

Thanks,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #172044 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Update on Next Stable Release
I'm really doing my best to get this out ASAP (=next 3-4 days).

You should consider K2 a rolling release though, meaning, if you report a problem and I fix it, you can safely upgrade to the dev version. It doesn't require the "stable" flag really. Right now I'm wrapping up some UI updates and need to improve a couple of things. But any change committed to the repo is finalized. I never leave anything unfinished/broken in terms of functionality.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Red Evolution
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #172062 by Red Evolution
Replied by Red Evolution on topic Update on Next Stable Release
Thanks for the update Fotis. It's more for getting it rolled out on our 80+ client sites that use it in a streamlined way rather than having to go through and upload the file each time. Looking forward to seeing the latest version getting rolled out though.

Dave

• Red Evolution
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 11 months ago #172074 by Red Evolution
Fotis,

Little suggestion for you for the new release. I have installed it on one of ours sites and a LinkedIn button started appearing at the bottom of all of our articles. Basically, we turn off those social sharing icons but since the LinkedIn one is new it's been turned on by default which meant I had to go through every category and turn it off. Not too big a job on this site as it's only got a few categories but with 80+ sites to update each one having multiple categories (there are 3 sites which have close to 100!) it soon becomes a big job. Would it be possible to have the LinkedIn button turned off by default for the new release as I'm sure we won't be the only people caught out by this.

Thanks,
Dave

More
4 years 11 months ago #172083 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Update on Next Stable Release
There was a published state enforced for FB & TW buttons as well, but because you had saved these options already, these buttons did not show up. Resolved for all.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Red Evolution
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago #172095 by Red Evolution
Great, thanks for the prompt update Fotis. Much appreciated