Keyword

Wrong URL in Content Module

  • Thomas Thrane
  • Thomas Thrane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
More
1 week 5 days ago #172366 by Thomas Thrane
Thomas Thrane created the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
Hi

Let's see if I'm able to describe my problem/issue with a K2 Content Module - maybe it's a bug.
Due to other issues, I was told to try K2 v2.10.0 [Dev Build 20190519] in another thread. Just so you know the version.
Joomla is updated to latest version.

The site has 2 languages, danish and english.
I have made a category with departments of the firm - language set to ALL.
All departments in there are set to language = ALL.

I have then used a K2 Content Module to place these departments at the bottom here:
www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt and here www.sawo.dk/en/contact .

But on www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt the links are wrong - they link to www.sawo.dk/da/contact/norresundby where it should be www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt/norresundby

On www.sawo.dk/en/contact the links are correct.

How can I fix this?
All departments has their own link in the mainmenu.

Kind regards
Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Fotis
  • Fotis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
1 week 5 days ago #172378 by Fotis
Fotis replied the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
Have you made sure all menu items, modules, categories, items etc. are all correctly marked with each language?

Cause the K2 URL router will only filter menu items in the active language or all, it cannot "see" menu items from another language if they are properly set to that other language.

If you use & love K2, please take a moment to add your review and rate it
at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/


IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Thomas Thrane
  • Thomas Thrane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
More
1 week 4 days ago #172387 by Thomas Thrane
Thomas Thrane replied the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
Hi

Just checked.
All danish menu items for departments/contact are set to DANISH
All english menu items for departments/contact are set to ENGLISH

Department category and items are set to ALL

K2 Content Module for the danish part is set to DANISH
K2 Content Module for the english part is set to ENGLISH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Fotis
  • Fotis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
1 week 4 days ago #172391 by Fotis
Fotis replied the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
Now try switching categories to their respective language.

If you use & love K2, please take a moment to add your review and rate it
at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/


IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Thomas Thrane
  • Thomas Thrane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
More
1 week 4 days ago #172394 by Thomas Thrane
Thomas Thrane replied the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
Thanks ...

Switched Department category to DANISH and checked www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt - links are still: www.sawo.dk/da/contact/norresundby and not www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt/norresundby

Switched to English, result as it should be, like in the first post.

Switched back to ALL and checked www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt - links are still: www.sawo.dk/da/contact/norresundby and not www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt/norresundby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Fotis
  • Fotis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
1 week 4 days ago #172396 by Fotis
Fotis replied the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
Did you make sure you weren't seeing any cached pages when you did the changes? Again, the K2 URL router is very strict and it would never fetch e.g. the English URL for content while Danish id the active language.

Are you perhaps using any SEF extensions like sh404SEF?

If you use & love K2, please take a moment to add your review and rate it
at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/


IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Thomas Thrane
  • Thomas Thrane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
More
5 days 12 hours ago - 5 days 11 hours ago #172418 by Thomas Thrane
Thomas Thrane replied the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
I had sh404SEF installed, but no activated.
Has been removed now ...

But now it's the other way around:
Links on www.sawo.dk/da/kontakt are fine, but not on www.sawo.dk/en/contact
Last edit: 5 days 11 hours ago by Thomas Thrane.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Fotis
  • Fotis's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
5 days 5 hours ago #172421 by Fotis
Fotis replied the topic: Wrong URL in Content Module
Complete the language assignments just in case (for categories etc.) and clear your cache, then check again.

If you use & love K2, please take a moment to add your review and rate it
at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/


IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: william white

Powered by Kunena Forum