Keyword

Call to undefined function iconv()

• Michael M. Kadrie
  • Michael M. Kadrie's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #172513 by Michael M. Kadrie
Call to undefined function iconv() was created by Michael M. Kadrie
I am getting this error that I never got before. We just moved the site to a different server - both hosted with GoDaddy and using CPanel. Both sites are on PHP 7.0. Both sites are on Joomla 3.9.8. Both sites are on K2 2.9.0.
But on the new server, I get the Call to undefined error. I found another item in the forum about this but it was unrelated to my issue. But it still lead me to the fact that it could be a finder issue. I went into "plugins/finder/k2" and renamed this folder and the error went away. So then I re-uploaded the folder in case something happened with the transfer process. Still get the error. I've re-installed K2 and that didn't help. So I'm not sure if this is a PHP or Server issue. But why would changing that k2 finder folder fix the error and everything seems to be working properly. Is that folder even needed? If it is, what else could go wrong with that disabled?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael M. Kadrie
More
4 years 9 months ago #172514 by Michael M. Kadrie
Replied by Michael M. Kadrie on topic Call to undefined function iconv()
This was the article that I found. But they were on PHP 7.1 AND when I tried the disable the com_finder that didn't work. Only disabling the k2 finder helped.
www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/47847-error-on-save-with-k2-and-php-7-1-x

• Michael M. Kadrie
More
4 years 9 months ago #172515 by Michael M. Kadrie
I may have found the problem. The iconv PHP Extension is not installed, however the server only makes this available for 7.1 and up. The site won't work on PHP 7.1 because it's on Gantry 4 and upgrading to Gantry 5 would be tough because of how customized the site is. So not sure what to do.

• Michael M. Kadrie
More
4 years 9 months ago #172516 by Michael M. Kadrie
Sorry for all the quick posts but I'm hoping this helps someone else. I was able to install iconv through Terminal on the server and now it's working properly. So if you are on PHP 7.0 and having this problem, look to see if iconv is installed in your PHP extensions.

More
4 years 9 months ago #172526 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Call to undefined function iconv()
What would possibly help others is if you included the entire error message :)

If it was just the K2 plugin for Smart Search, you could just disable the plugin too, no need to rename it.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)