Keyword

Result of 3 identical K2 Tools modules in 3 languages differ for one of them

• Ronsse Yves
  • Ronsse Yves's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #173146 by Ronsse Yves
Hi, the home page of my site www.belgiumforsuccess.be/ is in 3 languages French, English, Dutch, using the template NuModusVersus from JoomlaWorks.
At the bottom left of the page is a box with contact info + a menu produced with a K2 Tools module and custom code.
Although all features of the module and the custom code are exactly the same, except for the text content which is in one case in french, then in english, then in dutch, there is a difference between the 2 modules in french and dutch where the contact info appear exactly as I want, and the module in english where the text appear as a link in red.
I have looked at the source code html which seems to be exactly the same. But if I inspect the element, there is a superfluous link for the page in english. I can't understand from where it comes and where I should intervene to suppress it ?

Thank you for the help.
Yves

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #173151 by JoomlaWorks
Are you sure that link is not in the EN module instance of the contact info text? How are you placing that text in there? Using the "Custom HTML" module in Joomla?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ronsse Yves
More
4 years 7 months ago #173165 by Ronsse Yves
I used a K2 tools module. I simply duplicated the module in French, then changed the language and the Custom code settings.
<p>The ASBL Belgium For Success is supported by many sponsors who work for a more prosperous Belgium too</p>
<p class="info">
E-mail: <span>This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
</p>
It seems to me that the problem is not in the K2 tools module, but in the page in english. The link seems to be inherited from I do'nt know what. Could it come from class="info" ? But it doesn't give any problem for the module in dutch .

• Ronsse Yves
More
4 years 7 months ago #173167 by Ronsse Yves
I just noticed that if, starting from the home page in english, I click on any other link in the bottom area, except welcome, then the appearance of the module is OK, the link has disappeared. Thus the bottom area below any page in english except the home page is correct.

More
4 years 6 months ago #173198 by JoomlaWorks
Check that these 3 settings in K2 Tools are identical on all 3 modules and set to "No" >> jmp.sh/J7TML1h

---

• Ronsse Yves
More
4 years 6 months ago #173228 by Ronsse Yves
I checked the 3 settings in all 3 modules are identical and set To 'No'

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #173230 by JoomlaWorks
Then if the content is identical, check if you have a "system" type plugin that converts email address from plain text to clickable email link (e.g. like www.regularlabs.com/extensions/emailprotector).

---
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by JoomlaWorks.

• Ronsse Yves
More
4 years 6 months ago #173242 by Ronsse Yves
Yes there is a plugin for cloaking email address. I tried first to modify the mode of converting to plain text. It had no effect on the problem, then I tried to disable the plugin, it had no effect.
I think the problem is in the english home page. The first module of the bottom area follows the last module of the below component area in the row just above, which has à link to the answer of the '"quiz of the week"'. This link is somehow "inherited" by the first module of the bottom area in the row just below.
Nb : I will .be without pc and without internet for the next 3 days ...
I appreciate very much your help

More
4 years 6 months ago #173244 by JoomlaWorks
The English page has HTML code that is not properly closed, right before that module. It's an <a> element as you can see here: jmp.sh/8HNN7PF

Clean up the HTML there (close with an </a> tag or remove overall) and you should be fine :)

---

• Ronsse Yves
More
4 years 6 months ago #173245 by Ronsse Yves
THANK YOU Fotis, you nailed it as usual, it is now corrected :):)