Keyword

Breadcrumbs Issue (Can't find in forums)

• Christopher Banks
  • Christopher Banks's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #173262 by Christopher Banks
Breadcrumbs Issue (Can't find in forums) was created by Christopher Banks
I have an issue with breadcrumbs that I have searched all over the forums about but can't figure out how to fix. Everything I have seen about this says to turn off caching but I have all that turned off so I will explain.

I created a menu link called blog and it creates a page with the latest articles for Blog. I go to that page via the menu and it shows the latest articles with some intro text and a read more link. The breadcrumbs at the top of the page show up with no issue. When I click on the title link or the read more to bring up the full article the breadcrumbs show on that page as well. These are K2 articles and not regular joomla articles.

Now... I put a module on my homepage to show the latest articles because I want everything to show and not just blog and told it to pull the K2 categories. If I click on the title or the read more from that page for some reason the breadcrumbs are not showing at all when it takes you to the page with the full article. I noticed that the homepage title links and read more are different from the ones on the blog page itself. The ones on the homepage have /component/k2/item/ and the item nubmer while the links on the blog page have /blog/item/ and the item number.

Now to my question. Is there a way to make the links consistent so the breadcrumbs will show on all pages? This happens with the joomla breadcrumbs and if I use the K2 tools breadcrumbs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christopher Banks
  • Christopher Banks's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #173263 by Christopher Banks
Replied by Christopher Banks on topic Breadcrumbs Issue (Can't find in forums)
I just noticed that K2 hasn't been updated in over a year. Is it even still being supported?

More
4 years 6 months ago #173322 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Breadcrumbs Issue (Can't find in forums)
It is. Working to get v2.10 out this month.

Follow its progress here if you want: github.com/getk2/k2/commits/master

As for your breadcrumbs issue, the answer is "it depends". If the items fetched in that module have no menu item as parent for their category, then it's probably normal nothing shows up. You could also test Joomla's breadcrumbs as that should work as well, but I doubt it'd be different.

I would also recommend you upgrade to K2 v2.10 (dev) as there have been some changes (for the better) to the breadcrumbs function. Just install github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip on top of whatever version you currently have installed.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)