Keyword

Help - Problem with News site with v2 2.9 News limit?

• carlostegs
  • carlostegs's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #173419 by carlostegs
Hello
Need help

Use Joomla 3.9.6
PHP 5.6.31
K2 v2.9

Today 10/23/19 we reached 193,216 news in the world

When trying to publish another news to number 193.217 Frontend goes down and enters with error 500

The Adm (Backend) is still in the air,

ERROR 500 Frontend Only on Site

Is it looking like you have a maximum of news?

I did a test and took the first two news from the beginning of the day and I noticed that when I take this news there the system accepts two more, that is, understanding that has a maximum limit of news

The impression that the maximum news limit is 193,216 (3 years of news) news, is that it?

Is this a bug?
I need some help from this, can you help me please?

Can you help me
I await possible help
Thanks
Success
Jose Carlos
Translated by Google

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #173426 by JoomlaWorks
There is no such limit in K2 (we actually support some very large K2 sites with more than 500,000 items).

Perhaps you've reached some limit in your hosting environment or there are general performance issues with your server. Did you check available disk space? Or perhaps you have a limit in your database size and you've reached that limit.

A 500 error will also be logged in the server with more info as to what went wrong.

If you need professional auditing for your Joomla/K2 site which also includes top-notch sysadmin consulting, we can assist you for an hourly fee. Use the contact form www.joomlaworks.net/support/get-help/contact to get in touch with us in that case.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• carlostegs
More
4 years 6 months ago #173427 by carlostegs
Fotis
Hello!
All well?

Problem solved was the k2 tools module

After breaking my head, talking to the provider and everything, I found that I have no limit on the server because it is our exclusive server.

I just inadvertently found out that this is a problem with the k2 tools module that I was using as TAG words and this module was on countless pages almost all and so gave error 500

As soon as I turned it off I noticed that I can put normal materials, I already tested with this module turned off and now it is perfect.

But let the hint who use the k2 Tools module as TAG words can occur the same thing limiting the number of news do not know why it comes from it.

As soon as I took it out, I had no problem posting news.

Now I'll try to find another "TAG" word module to use in its place.

Anyway thanks for the help and I will leave it saved, if one day I need you I will ask your services

Thank you very much
Success
Jose Carlos
Translated by Google
Brazil

• carlostegs
More
4 years 6 months ago #173428 by carlostegs
Complementing

Module k2 Tools, I use it on my site as other purposes, but these other purposes do not take the page down. (Example: As a news calendar and others)

I found out that it only took from the air was using as TAG words and when reaching the news number 193.217, that's exactly where it gave the problem.

Here's the tip to know that module k2 Tools has a bug or bug when using it as TAG CLOUD

abs
Success
Jose Carlos
Translated by Google

More
4 years 6 months ago #173429 by JoomlaWorks
The tag cloud can indeed be demanding on large sites. But even so, with the right caching strategy, any negative side-effects can easily be mitigated.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)