Keyword

putting item editor within site context rather than new window

• Richard Rath
  • Richard Rath's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #173713 by Richard Rath
Hi,
I am new to Joomla and k2. I have searched but not found anything I can quite manage to do to solve the problem I have.

I would like the k2 item form to open within the default layout instead of a new page so that users can see the sidebar, where I have a tag cloud. I have been hunting around, including searching this forum as best I can, but have not found the solution to this exact problem. Thank you for your help!

I have attached two screenshots. first is my item editor and the second is the desired layout from another site.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #173715 by JoomlaWorks
K2's item edit form is common to the one in the backend. And it needs both space to fit in and an isolated environment so it doesn't break from other extensions. Loading it on a modal is the best option for that. Luckily, the only thing that can be affected is CSS as you'll notice the tab arrows don't sit nicely in your site and that's probably because some Joomla plugin is injecting site-wide CSS.

Joomcar's "K2 Content Builder" is probably the closest to what you want (although not the full submission form).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.