Keyword

RSS Feed does not work with the latest K2 update

• Jesus caceres
  • Jesus caceres's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #174115 by Jesus caceres
Hi all,

The RSS Feed of my site has stopped working with the latest K2 update and has been working fine with the previous version. any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #174116 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic RSS Feed does not work with the latest K2 update
It's been fixed in K2 v2.10.3 (dev) and you can safely upgrade to it using: github.com/getk2/k2/archive/master.zip

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jesus caceres
More
4 years 4 months ago #174117 by Jesus caceres
Replied by Jesus caceres on topic RSS Feed does not work with the latest K2 update
I have uploaded that version and still giving error 500 in the Feed: www.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=https%3a%2f%2fpirman.es%2fvideos%3fformat%3dfeed

More
4 years 4 months ago #174118 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic RSS Feed does not work with the latest K2 update
This looks like a PHP error, probably caused by a 3rd party extension, either K2 related or not.

Switch error reporting to maximum in Joomla's Global Configuration to see the exact message and let me know.

---

• Jesus caceres
More
4 years 4 months ago #174131 by Jesus caceres
Replied by Jesus caceres on topic RSS Feed does not work with the latest K2 update
NO, it has to do directly with the current version of K2. I have installed the K2_v2.9.0 and it works correctly. They should look where the error comes from, as it is one inconvenient.

More
4 years 4 months ago #174133 by JoomlaWorks
The error may surface with the latest version because you're using an outdated 3rd party K2 plugin perhaps. Switch error reporting to maximum in Joomla's Global Configuration to see the exact message and let me know. There's no other way of knowing.

---

• Jesus caceres
More
4 years 4 months ago #174139 by Jesus caceres
Hi,

I have set the System Error Report at maximum, there was a plugin that failed (Content Ads), I uninstalled it, I have re-uploaded version K2 v2.10.3. The RSS Feed gives again the error 500 and the Joomla system does not give any error. What can be?

More
4 years 4 months ago #174141 by JoomlaWorks
If you still see a 500 error and it's not a plugin (as I prophetically advised you already), could it be that you have a lot of items for the feed to display? E.g. hundreds?

Again, turning error reporting to maximum WILL reveal where the error occurs. Just remember to flush any caches before testing changes.

---

• Jesus caceres
More
4 years 4 months ago #174142 by Jesus caceres
Good news !!! I have located the 500 error plugin in the RSS Feed. It is one of social content (BT SOCIAL SHARE PLUGIN VERSION 2.4) and is outdated since 2016. Version v2.10.3 of K2 now works correctly. Thanks for your time !!!

More
4 years 4 months ago #174143 by JoomlaWorks
Told ya ;)

---