Keyword

Unable to save items or other K2 configuration items.

• Arthur Johnston
  • Arthur Johnston's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #174257 by Arthur Johnston
When working from a remote location, I am unable to save any changes to K2, including items and changes to the configuration.

When working from a local network address, K2 performs as expected.

From a remote location this morning, I searched for a resolution to the issue, and discovered that K2-Users lists my local network address (192.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) and not my remote address of 184.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Although, my last visit (or current visit) date and time is correct.

K2 version v2.10.2
Joomla version.

Arthur Johnston

Arthur Johnston
Meadowbrook Kennels
Home of SeaCrest Cockers & Meadowbrook Border Terriers
<=-Quality-Temperament-Confirmation-=>
seacrestcockers.com
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Arthur Johnston.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #174261 by JoomlaWorks
If caching is enabled, disable it for starters. If you see different IPs in the Joomla backend (remote vs local), then you're probably using some proxy which does additional caching as well.

Instead of relying on IPs, you should either use a combination of fake domains plus /etc/hosts overrides or perhaps simpler, just use xip.io. Or, even better, just create a subdomain on your domain's registrar that points to your external IP, e.g. office.seacrestcockers.com. Calling the domain externally, will always map to your external IP and as such serve your site (as you do with the IP already).

When you're working locally, simply edit your /etc/hosts file and add a pointer of the *local* IP to the same subdomain. E.g.:

192.168.1.100 office.seacrestcockers.com

This way, when you type "office.seacrestcockers.com" in your browser, your PC will resolve to the *internal* IP.

And this is how you get a common way to reach your site, regardless of your location.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.