Keyword

K2 grid layout

• Moustakakis
  • Moustakakis's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #174289 by Moustakakis
K2 grid layout was created by Moustakakis
how can I create a grid layout (three image boxes per line)? Must I write some code somewhere? Can I transfer code from another site that has the grid I would like?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #174301 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 grid layout
Just set your category's leading items grid to have 3 columns and as many items you want (probably a multiplier of 3 to have an even grid). Then set 0 to the count for primary, secondary etc. (so you only show a single grid layout).

With K2, layouts like these are very simple to have, without any coding of course.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Moustakakis
  • Moustakakis's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #174344 by Moustakakis
Replied by Moustakakis on topic K2 grid layout
yes! it works :)

The only unresolve issue I have is that I cant manage to remove the "More in this category:" in the bottom of the article. Is there any way to remove it ?

Thank you.

More
4 years 3 months ago #174355 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 grid layout
You can either locate the element using your browser's inspect tools and add a CSS rule to hide it (with display:none) or -better- follow this guide getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates to create your own set of template overrides for K2 within your Joomla template.

Then you can edit your HTML (e.g. in category.php for your case) and remove any HTML you don't want.

Unlike default Joomla articles, K2 uses fewer override files. And you can also have different sets of overrides per category or categories.

Beyond that, explore category parameter inheritance (so you don't set the same category parameters over and over) and you'll see why K2 is the best option for content management in Joomla.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)