Keyword

Display extended author info error in K2

• Albert Hidding
  • Albert Hidding's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #174330 by Albert Hidding
Display extended author info error in K2 was created by Albert Hidding
While developing a new site (local) I encounter a problem after installing the Dutch language file for K2. The user info under an article does not show the username and related items but a strange string (see attachment). I updated K2 to the latest version and I use Joomla 3.9.1 (with the right Dutch translation) and PHP 7.3.12 . Anyone with an solution to this?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #174335 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Display extended author info error in K2
First off, please upgrade to the latest Joomla release. Secondly, the error you attached indicates a broken override for item.php (HTML breaks). Compare the code near the author (user) block with the default override. Or temporarily disabled your item.php override by placing an underscore in front of the filename.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Albert Hidding
  • Albert Hidding's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #174345 by Albert Hidding
Replied by Albert Hidding on topic Display extended author info error in K2
Thank you for the response, however, I started with a clean install of the template, added K2, made an article and viewed it in the front end. The mismatch in the username was there without using the dutch language file. I looked into the html file and found this:

<div class="itemAuthorDetails">
<h3 class="itemAuthorName heading-style-3 visible-first"><a rel="author" href="/onzevos/index.php/<span class=" item_title_part_0="" item_title_part_odd="" item_title_part_first_half="" item_title_part_first="" item_title_part_last"="">test/itemlist/user/848-<span class="item_title_part_0 item_title_part_odd item_title_part_first_half item_title_part_first item_title_part_last">test</span>"&gt;<span class="item_title_part_0 item_title_part_odd item_title_part_first_half item_title_part_first item_title_part_last">test</span></a></h3>
<div class="clr"></div>

Somehow this piece of code is messing things up. Can you see if there is something wrong with it and maybe, how I can fix this?

More
4 years 3 months ago #174356 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Display extended author info error in K2
The template is obviously the problem here. I run that snippet through the W3C validator and already saw the broken HTML. Try the entire output of your page here validator.w3.org/nu/#textarea and look for "errors" in red.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)