Keyword

category link add in tag url | unique link for tag

• Muhammad Abbas
  • Muhammad Abbas's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #174605 by Muhammad Abbas
Hi Dear,
I know that i can make links clear by linking item menu to a tag. but for a news based website it is difficult to create menu link for every tag.

Let Me Explain the issue:
Suppose i have a tag named "usa" and two category named Politics & Sport accordingly i have 2 news with tag "usa" that one is in politics and another in Sport category so if i open news from Politics category and click on usa tag under that item link will point me to an address like mywebsite/politics/tag/usa and if i open a news from 2nd category, link of same tag will be mywebsite/sport/tag/usa , So the result is 2 links for a single tag.
I think there should be a way for unique link for a tag like mywebsite/tag/usa for both scenario .
Kindly guide me in this regard

K2 version : v2.10.2
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Muhammad Abbas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174606 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic category link add in tag url | unique link for tag
Although I'm already working on an improved URL router for K2 v2.11.0 (to be released in February) which will allow K2 to have better/simpler URLs, here's what you can do for now.

- Create a menu item pointing to all K2 categories. You can do that in a menu that does not show in the site's frontend (a hidden menu). Give this menu item a generic alias, e.g. "content".
- In the K2 component settings, under the "SEO" tab, enable "Enable custom SEF settings for K2 URLs".

All your tag and user URLs will now be in the form of /content/tag/X or /content/user/X.

This trick is already live on getk2.org - examine the blog and its tags (I use "show" as the alias)...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.