Keyword

Display information for specific user ID

• shannon briggs
  • shannon briggs's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #174662 by shannon briggs
Display information for specific user ID was created by shannon briggs
I would like to display specific user information (name, description) for a specific K2 user.

I guess it would be something like this:

if (userID == 123) {
echo <name or description associated with that userID>;
}

all help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174675 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Display information for specific user ID
I need to know where you want this data retrieved. Is it inside some K2 component view or module, is it in the template or some other extension?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• shannon briggs
More
4 years 2 months ago #174688 by shannon briggs
Replied by shannon briggs on topic Display information for specific user ID

Fotis wrote: I need to know where you want this data retrieved. Is it inside some K2 component view or module, is it in the template or some other extension?

It is to be used in a search results page, which uses a K2 Category layout.
Here is an example:
odemanagement.com/jak2filter?category_id=18,313,314,316&created_by=270&issearch=1&ordering=zdate&theme=media

As you can see, I've created a temporary solution in the right sidebar, using a very cumbersome set of php conditionals triggering a K2Users modules for each author. I'm hoping I can get rid of the modules, and just call the information I need for each user directly within the K2 categories template override I've made.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174689 by JoomlaWorks
JA K2 Filter is a component and as such it should have a template override. Can you upload just the template here?

---

• shannon briggs
More
4 years 2 months ago #174694 by shannon briggs
Replied by shannon briggs on topic Display information for specific user ID

Fotis wrote: JA K2 Filter is a component and as such it should have a template override. Can you upload just the template here?

The JA K2 Filter uses a K2 category layout to display the search results - so there isn't really any template override outside of a K2 template override.

In any case, I guess I'm looking for a solution that can be used where, and not restricted to a particular override/template.

Essentially I just need to call information from the database about a specific user. I have the user ID (Which I extract from the URL of the search results in this case). Can I do something like print_r to display an array for a specific user? It's pretty easy to do in Wordpress. Hoping it's not too many extra steps in Joomla.

Hope that makes sense.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174708 by JoomlaWorks
The author info is then included on each "item" block (which is rendered in category_item.php). Or directly on the foreach loop that prints out the results if they use the "generic.php" override which is also used in K2 for search results (do a <?php var_dump($item->author); ?> somewhere inside the foreach loop to see what is returned).

So the data is there, but because it's in a loop, I need to understand what you want to retrieve exactly and WHERE do you want to display that extra info.

A URL would also help.

---