Keyword

Help with a simple use case: 1 Author wirites many Books. Books has many critics

• Jesus Cataluña
  • Jesus Cataluña's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #175066 by Jesus Cataluña
Hello, good morning.

I'm landing here, in the world of Joomla + K2, getting out scared of wordpress. I've been searching on how to create a simple application for Authors, Books and Critics, but I can not find if this is a good approach.

Could you please tell me if this kind of webapp can be done with Joomla + K2? If so, would you kindly point me at some documentation from where to start?

Thanks and sorry for the noob question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #175077 by JoomlaWorks
Can you explain which relationships you'd expect between these 3 entities?

E.g. books can be K2 items assigned to certain K2 users (the authors). Where would the critics fit in that relationship? I would recommend for example pre-approved users in K2 (in fact a special user group called "Critics") that have the right to comment on each K2 item that is a book.

Would that fit your needs?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jesus Cataluña
  • Jesus Cataluña's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #175082 by Jesus Cataluña
Hello all!! Let me be more specific:

I need to build a system where the system users are able to:

- As a user I want to register a new book Author (if not already on DB)
- As a user I want to register a new Book (if not already on DB)
- As a user I want to write a literary critic for a specific book <- this is the main purpose of the system.
- As a user I want to browse all Shakespeare (Author) books.
- As a user I want to browse all Macbeth's (Book) critics....

Using comments for the literary critic, from my point of view, it's not the best approach. A literacy critic it's a normal Article but a different type of Article. (in Wordpress they are Custom Types)
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by JoomlaWorks. Reason: Removed irrelevant content

More
4 years 1 month ago #175087 by JoomlaWorks
Creating content that displays differently for authors, critics, books etc. is not a big deal with K2. You can even have separate fields (as K2 has a built-in fields system - like metaboxes in WP) assigned to each entity.

After that it's all a matter of organizing and displaying your content as you like.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)