Keyword

"File does not exist" when downloading attachments

• Aaron Schnabel
  • Aaron Schnabel's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #175158 by Aaron Schnabel
Hello,

After a user uploads an attachment (pdf in this particular case) if we try to download it from either the frontend or backend, we get a "File does not exist" error message.

I can browse directly to the file and access it in the browser, so it isn't a folder permission issue. I've tried turning off SEF links because other forum posts have indicated that as a possible issue in the past, but that made no difference.

Our site is running on IIIS 10, Joomla 3.9.16, K2 2.10.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #175162 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic "File does not exist" when downloading attachments
Is the filename renamed?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Aaron Schnabel
  • Aaron Schnabel's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #175163 by Aaron Schnabel
Replied by Aaron Schnabel on topic "File does not exist" when downloading attachments
The pdf file doesn't get renamed, but when I attach a png file it gets renamed to .tmp

More
4 years 1 week ago #175164 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic "File does not exist" when downloading attachments
This is a somewhat known issue with IIS.

The history: We use a third-party library to handle file uploads in K2. That library does strict checking for the type and actual content of a file based on system utils (MIME database) and a PHP module called fileinfo. If an upload fails it means that either the file you upload is corrupt or that something is mis-configured on your server and affects secure uploads.

Make sure that:
- you have the right MIME types. I suppose you edit them in IIS like so: manage.accuwebhosting.com/knowledgebase/2443/How-to-set-MIME-types-for-web-fonts-in-IIS.html
- the fileinfo PHP module is installed

Let me know.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)