Keyword

Display of K2 contributions/items on Google

More
4 years 1 month ago #175272 by Uwe
Hi Guys,

on our Joomla page there are many posts in K2. When I search for these posts in google I find ads with a very absurd meta description. See attachment screenshot.

This is the post in the web:
www.basiliscus.net/aktuelle-artikel-von-uwe/projektfilm-hightechmatbau-bmbf-energieeffizienz-im-gebauedebau

This is the meta description actually given:
Thema dieses Imagefilmes für das BMBF sind innovative Baumaterialien, die neue Lösungsansätze für die Zukunft des Bauens bieten.

However, it is not displayed. It appears that parts of our website menu are displayed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help and stay healthy,
Uwe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #175302 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Display of K2 contributions/items on Google
I would highly recommend that you enable Google Structured Data (GSD) in the "SEO" tab of K2's Settings. This will allow Google to crawl your site more efficiently as K2 will output a new JSON object with structured details from your item. See the some item from the JoomlaWorks or K2 blog for example and switch to source view.

What Google does now is display content from the body. As far as I know, Google no longer gives much attention to the meta tags.

After you enable GSD, use this tool to verify your pages: search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/

I would also recommend you add your site to the Google Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools): search.google.com/search-console

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #175316 by Uwe
Hey Fotis,

thank you for your answer. I have enable the Google Structured Data in K2 but now, when I use the testing tool I can't see my Meta Description there. But in every K2 Item I used a short Meta Description. How can that be? And can you explain to me what it has to do with the other points on Google Structured Data, like Organisation, set a global content type and Logo. What is this for?

Thanks!!!

More
4 years 4 weeks ago #175323 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Display of K2 contributions/items on Google
The GSD tool will only display GSD related data, not metatags.

For an explanation on GSD, have a look here: www.searchenginejournal.com/how-important-is-structured-data/257775/

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)