Keyword

All images are gone from K2 items

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #175737 by ilya
All images are gone from K2 items was created by ilya
When I edit the item and switch to Image tab there is nothing there anymore. I've checked /media/k2/items/src and there are hundreds of files but pretty much nothing in media/k2/items/cache (only those that were added after images were gone).

Any way to find them? I do have a backup but would prefer to find out the cause.

tried MD5 from article "Image" + ID and all files are in src folder, just not related to the article anymore somehow

UPDATE: copied files from backup /cache folder to the website and they are back. so how this cache folder could have been deleted?
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by ilya.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #175739 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic All images are gone from K2 items
Someone obviously deleted them.

"/media/k2/items/cache" stores the actual images on the site, as displayed by K2.
"/media/k2/items/src" stores the source images that are uploaded by users in case you ever wish to re-create the images on your site.

Since you have the src images, I can recommend using this PHP script github.com/getk2/rebuildK2imageCache which can rebuild your K2 images from the sources. It may take some time to run if you have thousands of K2 items but it'll get the job done.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
3 years 10 months ago #175740 by ilya
Replied by ilya on topic All images are gone from K2 items
yep, got as far as that )) any reason they could have been deleted other than someone doing that? I mean in any case that's not the most important/obvious folder to delete

thanks for the script!

More
3 years 10 months ago #175742 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic All images are gone from K2 items
K2 would NEVER delete its images folder. Never. Unless you uninstall it of course, which means you don't want K2 so we do you a favour and clean things up to leave you with a tidy Joomla site (unlike other cough Virtuemart cough extensions)...

But in your case, only the cache folder was empty.

So, yes, this is 100% the result of human intervention.

Another user reported about a year ago or so that his hosting company had deleted his images... Presumably they thought the word "cache" means "delete". Needless to say he changed hosting company.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)