Keyword

V 2.10.3 conflicts with url routing, cache, SW and etag management

• Jean Machuron
  • Jean Machuron's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #175805 by Jean Machuron
Hello
Just wanted to let you know that v 2.10.3 has some problems with CB routing, etag management done by htaccess and jot cache and also our own use of Service Workers

Some urls are not accessible any longer and menu defaults to CB connection page

Please make all your changes regarding cache management, etag and headers only optional. This screws lots of things in website that are finely set.

For now we reverted to v 2.10.2

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #175815 by Nathan
I've had some similar problems.

Updating to 2.10.3 broke all of the Item URLS in my categories... every link loaded the same article.

We use Admin Tools which handles the htaccess side of things including ETag so not sure if that's the problem.

But likewise, downgrading to 2.10.2 has resolved the issue.

More
3 years 11 months ago #175816 by JoomlaWorks
If you used the "Advanced" URL router in K2 (which by default is off), then yes, some URLs may have broken. This will be addressed in v2.10.4 coming in the next few days.

As for the new HTTP headers, it's not the headers per se that may have caused an issue but rather when some where triggered in the K2 system plugin. This has already beed fixed in v2.10.4 (dev). And this is what may have caused issues with JotCache.

If you refer to the new etag sent in the item view however, then I don't see what the problem is. No .htaccess file can set the right etag for each K2 item.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
3 years 11 months ago #175817 by Nathan
Thanks Fotis, it's just the Advanced URL router that's broken for me, not having issues with Etags.

Look forward to the 2.10.4 update.

Cheers

More
3 years 11 months ago #175822 by JoomlaWorks
Version 2.10.4 will offer 2 URL router options as v1 (what was up to K2 v2.10.2) and v2 (which is the new one).

---

More
3 years 11 months ago #175823 by Nathan
I'm intrigued now... are there benefits to the v2 router over v1 and will there be any way of migrating?

More
3 years 11 months ago #175831 by JoomlaWorks
Different URL structure and as such, it won't be possible to migrate existing URLs. If your content is ephemeral (e.g. a media site) or your site is small (a few dozen items), then switching to the new router won't be an issue (SEO wise).

---

More
1 year 9 months ago #180195 by Nathan
Just wondering if this option for v1 and v2 routing is still on the cards?

I have the latest 10.3 development version installed on a site and can't see any options around this and I'd really like to be able to update a particular website I manage that has thousands of K2 items using the old structure.